Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Trader Joe's Citrus & Sandalwood Scent Laundry Detergent Packs


I've never bought laundry detergent packs before. But when I spotted this new item at Trader Joe's, I decided to give it a try.

(Full confession: It was sitting next to the dishwasher detergent packets, and I thought it was a new version of them. Neither the name of the product--prominently featuring the word LAUNDRY--nor the package design--prominently featuring items of clothing--registered with me. I actually used these packets in my dishwasher about five times before I noticed that I was doing it wrong. Don't judge me. It's hard being senile.)

I generally don't want scents in my cleaning products, but what there is here is exceedingly mild and pleasant. I have to stick my nose right down in the bag to even notice anything, and there is no trace of it left on my clothes, as far as I can detect.

The clothes end up clean. Handling the packs is far more convenient than measuring out liquid detergent, dealing with drips, and so on. I can see why packs are rapidly gaining market share on liquids. I've previously avoided them because they're quite expensive compared to liquids, but these from TJ's are pretty cheap.


Will I buy it again? 

To my surprise, I think it's going to be a yes. I'm digging the ease of tossing one in the washer tub.

3 comments:

  1. I saw these and wanted to grab them, but was hesitant, but I think I would love the scent combination. We use laundry pacs already, so we may pick these up next time and try 'em we go thanks to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did the dishes get clean...??? That's entirely too funny!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Turns out the stuff doubles as a decent dishwasher detergent!

      Delete