Friday, April 28, 2017

Trader Joe's Organic Beet Strawberry Juice


This is some weird-ass juice.

My history with Trader Joe's beet juice is not good. See here and here. I thought that the addition of strawberry might make this one better.

Nope. The flavors just don't blend well. They clash, competing for attention. When drinking it, I'm constantly aware that there's the strawberry part (good) and the beet part (bad).

The "hint of lemon juice" promised is nowhere to be found. Maybe they added it in with an eyedropper.

Some juice blends I feel uncertain about with the first swallow, but warm up to as I get used to them. This one had the opposite effect. My uncertainty turned more and more to active dislike with each ounce that passed my lips. It felt like a chore to finish the glass, after which I wanted no more of it, ever.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really weird combo!!
    I actually really like beet juice and make it often, but it's a better match with ginger, lemon and either oranges or dark berries like blackberries for the fruit. I hope you returned it to get your money back!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina didn't hate it as much as I did, so she took the rest of the bottle home with her to finish off.

      Delete
  2. You lost me at beet. I cannot stand them. They could not possibly hide the flavor enough for me to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super liked it. I think runners will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually like beets AT ALL but I actually like this combo. I cut it down a little bit with water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I don't drink it by itself I mix it into my AM smoothie.

    ReplyDelete