Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Trader Joe's Ditalini Pasta + Cheddar Cheese + Cauliflower + Kale (= Best Mac And Cheese, Ever)


I don't know if this is the longest Trader Joe's product name ever, but it sure must be in the running. Ridiculous.

The name is also an untruth. This is not the "best mac and cheese, ever." It's not even the best mac and cheese Trader Joe's sells. I'd much rather have the Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese, the frozen "Joe's Diner" version, or the Organic Shells and White Cheddar boxed kind. Heck, I'd ever rather have more of the Kraft-like Wisconsin Cheddar one.

Specific critiques:

1. It's soupy. That's the wrong texture for mac and cheese.

2. It's not cheesy enough.

3. Mac and cheese is not helped by the addition of cauliflower and kale. I get plenty of cauliflower and kale on my own, without needing them stuffed into my mac and cheese.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I just saw this last week for the first time, thought about it but put it back. Glad I did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I did by the mint chocolate bar with the cookie bits in it and it was as good as you said it would be!

    ReplyDelete