Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Trader Joe's Supersweet Dried Carabao Mango



I'll make this simple: This is the best way to eat mangoes ever devised by mankind.

First, there's no fuss with cutting them.

Second, these really are sweeter than regular mangoes and have virtually none of that slightly bitter mango off-taste. And no, they have not been artificially sweetened. In fact, the ingredients list on the back is maybe the shortest I've ever seen: "Mangoes."

Third, they're sliced very thin, so you can eat a lot--or at least have the illusion of eating a lot--without a big calorie load.

Fourth, they're more "dried" than dried; that is, they're sort of partially dried. More like prunes than dried apricots.

I like these a lot--far more than I like eating fresh mangoes. It's one of Trader Joe's very best dried-fruit products--and I've had a lot of them.


Will I buy it again? 

I already have, and will again. I don't think they're quite Top Ten material, but the fact that I had to stop to consider conferring that status suggests that they're pretty damn good.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely have no luck trying to slice a mango. The huge seed drives me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on all points, without a doubt the best dried mango i have ever had. Buying the bags are dangerous, hard to put down! Desperately hoping this isn't a "seasonal" product that will break my heart
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete