Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Trader Joe's Sparkling Island Colada Spring Water


I've complained that some of the other products in this new line have too little flavor. This one, conversely, has too much. Where's Goldilocks when you need her?

The label lists only "natural flavors," without disclosing what they're supposed to be. But neither Nina nor I could discern anything but strong coconut--and to me it tasted strongly artificial, more like "coconut" than coconut.


Will I buy it again? 

No. While some of the others have been underwhelming, none has actually been unpleasant--until now.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like all of these are an epic fail and several levels...! Not just the flavors but also the awkward size, it's certainly too large for me to drink all of it at once but the fizz goes flat if you recap and open again a few hours later.
    Similar generic grocery store brand versions are better!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Island Colada and Pineapple are our favorites, good size for sharing at our lunch or dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I like pretty much all of their flavors, including this one! It’s an awkward size only if you’re trying to drink it by yourself. It’s perfect for sharing. Or if you don’t mind finishing it over an hour. I buy several of these bottles every time I go to TJs, always a fun variety of flavors.

    ReplyDelete