Monday, September 25, 2017

Trader Joe's Super Lemony Lemon Bites



I find reviews of this product dating back to 2013, so apparently it's nothing new, but I somehow never noticed it on the baked-goods table at my local Trader Joe's. I know that their bakery products are made regionally, and vary from one part of the country to another, so maybe it's new to my area.

Anyway, the first I knew about it was when Nina texted me a picture of her empty container, with this message: "Gone in 2 days. Best lemon-flavored dessert ever. I now weigh 400 lbs. I understand if you need to break up with me."

So of course I bought my own batch on my next TJ's run, so that we could both weigh 400 pounds. Except that that won't be happening, because I didn't love them nearly as much as Nina did.

They definitely have an admirable quantity of lemoniness, including that distinctive lemon sourness, which is unusual in baked goods. But I thought it was overbalanced by sweetness. The icing in particular seemed a bit much.

Also, you'd better be able to eat the whole bunch in two days, like Nina, because they dry out something terrible if left any longer than that. It's probably due to a high ratio of cut-surface area to volume in these small morsels.


Will I buy it again? 

Not for myself. But when I want to push Nina up to 500 lbs., I'll buy her a few more boxes.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!! Nina writes a fantastic review...! I have always walked past these because i have serious hit or miss luck with the bakery stuff but now i wonder if I will love them as much as Nina...?!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete