Monday, September 4, 2017

Trader Joe's Par-Baked Organic Pizza Crusts



So far I've had just one of the two crusts that came in this package. The flavor was fine. The size was just right to serve two of us.

I was mildly irked that it did not have the raised edge shown in the photo, so it was basically impossible to keep the sauce from running off of one side while the pizza baked. I shorted the baking time by two minutes because I could see that the cheese was completely melted and starting to burn. This caused the crust to come out a little underdone and doughy. For the second one, I think I might try baking the crust alone for a few minutes before adding the toppings.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably. We'll see how the second one goes, but I think there's potential for a good, useful product here. It's sure a lot easier than the pizza dough we tried once before.

Addendum 

I used the second one a week later. I tried baking it for four minutes, then pulling it out to put on the toppings. But the result wasn't really any better, perhaps because this time I had failed to let it thaw beforehand. So the quest for the formula for perfect doneness continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment