Friday, July 27, 2018

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Ganache Mini Sheet Cake


This is a small, flat cake. It's entirely acceptable, but nothing special. The frosting's excessive thickness is my only specific nit to pick.


Will I buy it again? 

No. On the rare occasions that I'm going to have chocolate cake, I strongly prefer the ones I can easily make at home with any of several excellent mixes. Besides, chocolate cake is better with cherry frosting than with chocolate frosting. That's just science.

3 comments:

  1. I was very spoiled growing up because my mother loves to bake- so i know about any purchased baked goods will be disappointing.
    Cherry frosting...? Dunno about that. I’m an old fashioned cream cheese frosting fan
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lies. This is the best store bought chocolate cake ever. Hands down. Perfect size and beyond delicious. It's a travesty that it's not available year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Its as good, if not better than home made. I smell a cake snob..LOL

    ReplyDelete