Friday, July 6, 2018

Trader Joe's Peach Crumble Pie



I knew there was trouble when I spotted a fruit fly flitting around under the plastic window as I was trying to open the box.

But ultimately, the unpleasantness of the pie had nothing to do with the insect(s) it brought along. Nina summed it up best: "The crumble topping is gritty, the filling is slimy, and the crust is gummy."

Let the record reflect that "gritty," "slimy," and "gummy" are not favorable adjectives when describing a pie. (However, a law firm called "Gritty, Slimy & Gummy" would be amusing.)

I'll add that the filling was was too sweet. Nina also thought that the peaches tasted artificial, though I didn't share that opinion.


Will I buy it again? 

No. This is going back to the store for a refund--and quickly, before that fruit fly's eggs hatch.

1 comment:

  1. I am always so skeptical of the bakery items at TJs because when were they *actually* baked? I feel like the time between baking and purchasing is why you had the slimy and gummy situation, for a fruit pie that could be just within 24-48hrs- they go downhill very quickly.
    I’ll keep walking past the pies....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete