Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Cartwheel Cookies



Two bites into one of these, Nina said, "I declare these to be awful."

She is not wrong.

First, every single one of them was badly broken. They're unusually brittle, and they shatter, leaving crumbs everywhere.

Second, they're supposed to be peanut butter cookies, with more peanut butter in the filling. But the cookie part has zero peanut butter flavor; they seem to be just grossly over-sweetened sugar cookies.

Third, the peanut butter filling doesn't seem like real peanut butter. Though it does taste like peanuts, it's kind of dry and stiff. The box calls it "creamy." This is a lie.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I powered through 2/3 of the box over the course of a few nights, hoping against hope that my perception of them would improve. It didn't, and I threw the rest away.

For a perspective so different that it's hard to believe we ate the same product, see this from the good people at the "What's Good at Trader Joe's" blog.

5 comments:

  1. I think you got a bad box! Almost everything is the opposite of what my box was like. I am not allowed to buy any more though as that box lasted all of 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally shocked at this review. I can't get enough of these. Maybe you had a bad box? I found the peanut butter center to be smooth and creamy. My favorite thing was to spread a little of my homemade strawberry jam on top. These things are dangerous to have in my house. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your box was stale...? I tried these at the tasting station one day, they had actually cut the cookies into like four pcs or something kind of odd-i wasn’t a fan of the shortbread cookie itself. I’d rather just have a spoonful of nut butter or an old fashioned cross hatched top pb cookie
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im confused as well. The ones I tried were super delicate in texture and soft chewy cookie. A bit too sweet for me but definitely not crunchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these cookies still available in store ?

    ReplyDelete