Monday, July 9, 2018

Trader Joe's Moroccan Inspired Cheddar Cheese




This is now the 9th peppery cheese I've bought from Trader Joe's. (For a list of the others and links to their review, see here.) It may be the best of the bunch. It's at least tied with the Toscano Cheese with Black Pepper, and along with that one will be joining my Top Ten list.

Unlike most of the others, the blend of spices here adds a lot of flavor, rather than just heat. Now, I can't identify exactly which flavors are doing what; the harissa paste and "spice blend" and crushed chili peppers and cumin powder all contribute in ways that my palate is too dumb to identify separately. But the sum is an absolute delight.


Will I buy it again? 

I already have. Before I had even finished the first block, I was back at the store and bought three more for the freezer. Sadly, this is the "spotlight cheese" of the month, which means it's likely to go away in a couple of weeks and never come back. Get it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment