Friday, June 26, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Asparagus Soup




I don't like asparagus, so it took some considerable mental effort to put this tub of soup in my shopping basket. I did so only because (1) I thought a cold soup would be nice for a dinner with Nina, and (2) this is a brand-new Trader Joe's product, and I try to get those tested ASAP for our readers.

I didn't like it. But I can say that it wasn't as awful as I had anticipated. Even the fact that ONION is the first listed ingredient, after water--that's right, there's more onion than asparagus in this asparagus soup--was not enough to make it totally inedible. I choked it down, using the mental trick of trying to tell myself it was pea soup, which I like. That didn't really work.

I'm not a fair judge of this, I'll admit.

Will I buy it again? 

We ended up pouring the last half of this tub down the drain rather than saving it as leftovers. Does that answer the question?


1 comment: