Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Cranberry Apple Juice



How bad has our experience with Trader Joe's big jugs of juice been? So bad that when I pulled this newest one out of the refrigerator, Nina asked, "What flavor of melted popsicle are we having this week?"

However, I didn't think this one was as disappointing as most of them have been. In fact, I liked it; it was basically what I expected based on lots of other brands of cranapple blends.

The most surprising part of exploring this blend was reading the label. Of course you've got the reconstituting water and the apple and cranberry juice concentrates. But then comes "aronia juice concentrate." Neither of us had any idea what that was, so Nina picked up her iPad to learn that it's another name for chokeberries. Wikipedia, though, cannot tell me why aronia juice is in this blend; I don't taste anything except apple and cranberry.

This is still not nearly as good as the few real standouts in the big-jug lineup: Honey Crisp Apple Cider, Pear Cinnamon Cider, and Power of Seven. On the other hand, it's a far sight better than the terrible Hibiscus Cranberry Blend, Pomegranate Limeade, Omega-3 Carrot Orange Juice, etc.

Will I buy it again? 

Sure. Cranapple is a staple, and this is as good as any.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment