Sunday, June 7, 2015

Trader Joe's Ridge Cut Potato Chips--Salt & Pepper



I passed these by in the store many, many times without even considering a purchase, because I've never much been fond of black pepper. What prodded me to change my mind was a surprisingly favorable reaction to TJ's sea salt and black pepper lentil chips. If I could find myself liking the pepper there, perhaps the same could be true elsewhere. So I ventured.

And I was right to do so. I liked these. The texture was nice, and the mild potato flavor was complemented by the salt and pepper. Not overwhelming--much tamer than the South African chips and salt-and-vinegar chips--yet pleasantly different from standard potato chips.

My primary gripe is that they're too oily--among the oiliest chips I've ever had, in fact. I could do without that.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes, once in a while, as a change of pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment