Friday, August 19, 2016

Darrell Lea Strawberry Liquorice



This is one of the occasional non-store-branded products that Trader Joe's sells.

I had seen a few people on Twitter say that they liked this much better than Twizzlers, the obvious point of comparison, so I decided to try them.

Had I not been eating Twizzlers since I was about 8, I would probably like these better. They're softer, thicker, and the strawberry flavor is much more natural. I can definitely see why people like them. The only disadvantage I noticed is that they stick to the teeth even more stubbornly than Twizzlers.


Will I buy it again? 

It's tough to overcome 40+ years of snacking habits. As long as they keep making Twizzlers, they'll keep calling out to me to buy them. These upstart foreign licorice pieces are lovely, but I hear no voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment