Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Trader Joe's Shredded Cheese Blend: Swiss & Gruyere



If you buy shredded cheese, it's because you plan to sprinkle it on top of some other food, right? So a key part of the job description is that the flavor of the cheese blend nicely with other things. And therein lies the problem with this cheese. Pop a few shreds in your mouth, and it tastes fine. Put it on other things, however, and it doesn't play so nice. The specific problem is that the distinctive flavor of the Swiss is hugely dominant over the mild Gruyere. In fact, eating this blend alone, I can't taste the Gruyere, even though it's one of my favorite kinds of cheese.

This stuff isn't bad. It's just a little off for the kinds of uses to which I think most people (including me) would want to put it.


Will I buy it again? 

Not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment