Thursday, November 17, 2016

Trader Joe's French Market Sparkling Limeade



This is the fourth and last of this product line that we've tried.

I didn't much like this on first taste, but I warmed up to it. By the time I finished off the bottle a few days later, I had concluded that it was the best of the bunch. Why the initial dislike? It's hard to be sure, but I suspect it was a combination of (1) the spicy food I was eating at the same time, and (2) an unfortunate memory remnant from my childhood, in which I ate a lot more "lime"-flavored things (like Popsicles and Jello) than actual limes, leaving me with a badly warped idea of what limes are supposed to taste like.

But, as I said, my impression of this drink became progressively more favorable with each subsequent sampling. My final opinion was that it was more faithful to its source fruit than any of its shelfmates. Moreover, though I didn't compare actual sugar quantities by the labels, it tasted less sweetened than the others.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. Of the four, this is the one I'm most keen to have in my fridge for a repeat try.


Nina's View

Highly drinkable, without the metallic edge many lime-flavored items unfortunately have. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment