Sunday, November 13, 2016

Trader Joe's Paper Towels



These work fine for the purposes for which I use them: as dinner napkins, and for light cleanup. I don't need anything super-absorbent. My usual pick has long been Bounty Basic, which at Wal-Mart cost $8.67 for 8 rolls of 66 towels, or about 1.64 cents apiece. Trader Joe's charges $3.99 for 3 rolls of 80 towels, or about 1.66 cents apiece--a virtual tie. The TJ's are a hair larger at 11" x 11", compared to the Bounty's 11" x 10.2", but that difference does not matter at all to me. The Bounty have the advantage of coming in larger packs, so it's easy to carry home a bunch at a time. On the other hand, the TJ's are made from recycled paper, which is nice.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. This contest looks like a toss-up to me, so I plan to get whichever one happens to be most convenient when I need some.




2 comments:

  1. Your math is off.

    $3.99 / 3 rolls = $1.33 per roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know if these paper towels are formaldehyde free or where I can find formaldehyde free bath tissue and paper towels?

    ReplyDelete