Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Trader Joe's Power Berry 100% Juice Blend


You know how I'm always ranting that Trader Joe's sells such an incredible variety of really bad juice (or, "juice") blends, and you shouldn't buy them because TJ's is also capable of making some really outstanding ones? Well, this is one of the latter.

Nothing in particular prompted me to try this, other than seeing it on the shelf and realizing that I had never noticed it before. I didn't know what to expect of it.

What you should expect--because I'm telling you--is that this is really, really good. It's thick, made mostly from purees rather than juices per se, and it's just chock-full of fruity goodness. It doesn't taste overly sweetened as so many of TJ's blends do.

It's not easy to pick out any single fruit constituent, but that's not surprising, given how many there are. And it's not grounds for a demerit here, as I think it is when there are fewer ingredients. When you're listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, you shouldn't be able to hear one voice over the others. So it is here.

This is a gem, hiding inconspicuously in a veritable sea of awful juice blends. You might want to seek it out.


Will I buy it again? 

I already have--I'm on my fourth jug of it as I write this. I've decided that it's even good enough to join my Top Ten list.



No comments:

Post a Comment