Friday, December 18, 2015

Trader Joe's Just Beets With A Splash Of Lemon



New product. Not exactly traditional TJ's December roll-out material, is it?

It's beet juice. It's tolerable, but nothing that I want to subject myself to again.

I thought that the "subtle earthiness" on the label was a warning that it would taste like dirt--just like the rather vile Root Juice. Nope, it didn't. So it's got that going for it, which is nice. But I still don't like it.


Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

This is one of those things that, on first tasting, seems entirely skippable. Until you take another sip, and then another. I find that there's something subtly addictive and appealing about beet juice.


I say, give it a chance. You might find that you like it.

3 comments:

  1. Next up from TJ's: Lemonade with a Splash of Beets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i like Dan's idea there.
    Maybe it would work for making borscht?
    Did tou ever try the beets in vinegrette? They're slightly pickled in a jar in this great vinegrette- basically use the liquid in the jar as a salad dressing! Nice firm texture too unlike mooshy canned ones.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete