Monday, September 29, 2014

Trader Joe's Corn Tortillas



They're corn tortillas. They're just like every other brand of corn tortillas--maybe a skosh thicker than some, but otherwise indistinguishable. The package has fewer in it than the Mission brand I usually buy at other grocery stores, but that doesn't really matter, because I never use all 30 before they get dried out and thrown away anyway.

Will I buy it again? 

Sure, if I happen to be at TJ's when I need tortillas. I'm completely indifferent whether I buy them there or elsewhere, since I can't tell the difference between the products.


Special note 

If you look closely, you'll see that this is not actually a "Trader Joe's" product, but a "Trader Jose's" product. TJ's gets cutesie with its own store name with several types of foreign foods. Besides this, there's "Trader Jacques" for French, "Trader Giotto's" for Italian, "Trader Ming's" for Chinese, etc. I'm ignoring all of those when titling these blog posts.


Update, January 1, 2016 

These were a staple item for me for quite a while. But then I discovered the far better Handmade Flour Tortillas, and I've never looked back. So if you're wondering why these aren't listed among my staple items, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment