Monday, September 8, 2014

Trader Joe's Gourmet Jelly Beans





This isn't complicated: These are now my favorite jelly beans. I still have a nostalgic soft spot for Brach's Classic Jelly Bird Eggs, and I will always buy a couple of bags of those and eat them around Easter every year when the stores put them out on special display. But TJ's are better. They're even better--and less expensive--than Jelly Belly, which is the most obvious point of comparison.

I like every single flavor here, which means that I don't have to watch out to be sure I don't get one of the icky ones in my mouth by accident, as one must do with Jelly Bellys.

I don't think I like these so much that I can add them to the Top Ten list, even though (as you surely know by now) that list is infinitely expandable. These cause me to react with a "That's very nice, perfectly lovely bit of candy there," instead of a "OMG, MUST EAT ALL OF THEM IMMEDIATELY!" The latter is approximately what it takes to be a Top Ten item.

Will I buy it again? 

Definitely. I have never before had a consistent source of jelly beans that I really liked. Now I do.

Addendum 

See what I later learned about TJ's source for this product here.


Nina's View

I didn't care for them. Although the flavors aren't bad, they seem to stick to my teeth more than other jelly beans. (Not that I eat a whole lot of jelly beans, ever.) And the texture seems grainier.

This is not a disappointment for me since jelly beans fall into the category of something I will never ever buy for my own enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment