Saturday, December 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Butterscotch Shortbread Wreath Cookies



This review is getting expedited publication, because it feels urgent to advise you to--as the saying has it--run, don't walk, to your nearest Trader Joe's and plunk down the steep but oh-so-worth-it $5.99 for a tall box of these cookies, brought to you from Scotland.

I had anticipated ordinary shortbread cookies with something akin to Nestle's butterscotch chips in them. I was wrong. They're much, much better than ordinary, and worlds away from anything that has ever borne the Nestle's label. If somebody served these to me at a holiday party and told me they had made them at home, I would believe it. Nothing about them says "factory." They taste of unusual quality in every bite, every crumb. Rich, buttery, bursting with flavor, delicious--even decadent.

I seriously want you all to go buy some, so that the bean counters at TJ's headquarters decide that these are worth the shelf space to bring back year after year. I don't put many seasonally restricted items on my Top Ten list, but these have made the cut. They're that good.


Will I buy it again? 

As often as my cardiologist will let me.

1 comment:

  1. They're all gooonnneee from nyc stores already!! ;(
    I managed to snag one at my friend's holiday party and I totally agree with you, freaking amazing and worthy of stockpiling if you find them!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete