Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Trader Joe's Sparkling Apple Cider



This is the third of ten consecutive days of reviews of the things Nina and I tried at our all-Trader-Joe's Thanksgiving meal. 


I usually have one or two bottles of a sparkling juice (apple or grape) per year. I most often have purchased either Martinelli's or Welch's. I wasn't even aware that Trader Joe's carried such a product until about two weeks ago when my daily Google News alert about TJ's brought me this Washington Post comparison test. The TJ's product scored second highest, and was the cheapest of the lot. Naturally, it immediately took a place on my Thanksgiving dinner menu.

Without comparing them side by side, I can't be sure whether it's a little better or a little worse than the two brands I usually buy. But it's close enough that I didn't care. Any of them will do, I think, as a non-alcoholic, festive-feeling substitute for champagne. Nina and I polished off the bottle in one sitting.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes. Maybe for New Year's, I'll get the other two and try them all together. Or maybe instead I'll try the other sparkling juices in the TJ's line (pomegranate, cranberry) that I noticed while looking for this one.


Nina's View

Bubbly apple juice. Perfectly acceptable, entirely unremarkable. On the other hand, I separately bought and drank this stuff: Henry Hotspur's Hard Pressed for Cider. It is delicious and just a wee bit alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment