Thursday, December 17, 2015

Trader Joe's Hand Stretched Rosemary Breadsticks



These breadsticks have a really nice texture--crunchy on the outside, light and delicate on the inside, with a wee bit of oiliness. I also like how varied they are in length, and in caliber along the length. I'm prepared to believe that they really are hand-made.

The flavor, though, is a little off. The rosemary is subdued. With my first one, I thought it tasted somewhat stale. As I had more on subsequent days, however, I didn't notice this--or maybe I just got used to it.

I thought heating them a little in the microwave might improve the taste, but it didn't.


Will I buy it again? 

In the end, I find myself sort of liking them, but not enough for a second go-round.


Nina's View

Texture: nice.

Flavor: did not like. Oily, stale, faint rosemary.


Ick. So promising, so failing.

1 comment:

  1. I bought them & loved them. (Maybe you got a stale box?)However, it seems TJ has replaced them with a white-bread, no texture, flaky, short, insipid version. - That is my disappointment. :-(

    ReplyDelete