Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Trader Joe's Caribbean Fruit Floes



I had never noticed these in the Trader Joe's before, but my local store had set up a special display of them in a freezer case on an aisle cap, so I brought a box home.

I really didn't know what to expect, since "floes" doesn't communicate much. All I knew was that they were some sort of fruit bars.

Well, here's what they are:



In form, they're just like the Fruit Frenzy Bars. But I don't like these as much. What makes the Fruit Frenzy Bars outstanding is that each of the three segments is a single, intense fruit flavor. Here, they're all blended together, so you get a general fruitiness, but it's hard to pick out specific components. A bit of strawberry here, a bit of mango there, but it's mostly a homogeneous blend.

I would probably like these more if I didn't already know how nice it was to have the fruits separated in the competing product.

Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

I do not care for mangoes. This had mango chunks in it. Game over.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment