Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate



This is the last of ten consecutive days of reviews of the things Nina and I tried at our all-Trader-Joe's Thanksgiving meal.


Don't let the extravagant claims on the box fool you. This is just powdered hot chocolate mix. The thing that sets it apart is directions for use that make it much, much more concentrated than standard hot chocolate. But the result is so intense that it's almost undrinkable. If you instead follow the alternative directions for just "hot chocolate," you get good but not extraordinary hot chocolate. 

We also tried making it using soy milk. That was OK, but not creamy enough to be really enjoyable. 


Will I buy it again? 

I don't think so. It's not special enough to warrant being recommended over many other similar products. 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously?? I definitely use more milk (usually almond milk but i like it best with the refridgerated kind of coconut milk) so it's not super thick but it's much better with a richer chocolate flavor than other "regular" hot chocolate. I'd say on par with godiva hot chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I wrote that with a little trepidation because it's been so long since I had any other hot chocolate from a mix. But I have two others on hand now, so my plan is to try them, then come back to my last bit of the Sipping Chocolate and see if I feel the same way about it.

    ReplyDelete