Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Trader Joe's Chocolate Liqueur Cherries



This is just one of many, many sweets that Trader Joe's has on sale primarily intended as Christmas gifts. There are way more than I'll ever be able to review.

These are like other chocolate-covered cherries, except that the thickened liquid between the chocolate and the cherry is liqueur. The description of the manufacturing process on the box is a little hard to follow, but if I understood it correctly, the liqueur is somehow a byproduct of the cherries themselves.

I love chocolate-covered cherries, but these didn't do much for me. As with the Brandy Beans last year, I apparently have to be viscerally reminded once in a while that I really detest the taste of ethanol. (Slow learner.) That's the first flavor that hits me upon biting into one of these, and I just want it to be sweetness, not booziness.

However, mine is a distinctly minority view. I took the box to my weekly home poker game Monday. Five people tried them, and they were a hit all around. So there's that.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment