Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Virtuoso Lip Balm



I've been using this for a few months now. I'm not thrilled with it. My whole adult life I've used one particular ChapStick product. It's one that they have now discontinued, so when my current supply runs out, I'll have to find a replacement. But it will be a while; I stocked up on them. Anyway, this TJ's product will not become my new standard lip balm. The physical aspects of it are fine, but I don't like the spearmint flavor. I find it mildly irritating, and the scent that emanates from it for the first few minutes it's on is not pleasant. Purely subjective impressions, obviously. Your mileage may vary.

Incidentally, this is the only product I've seen from TJ's that is labeled "Trader Johann's." Are there others?


Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

50% Organic?

How is *that* supposed to be meaningful or special? It could be half plutonium and half mint and it would be 50% organic. Fifty percent organic is exactly useless in determining whether a product is healthy or effective. This is marketing BS run amok. 

Meaningless crap like this makes me despair of the human race. And by crap like this I mean the US Senate voting today on whether or not human beings are contributing to climate change—as if a VOTE was going to determine the truth of the matter.

Gah.

(I agree with Bob about the lip balm. Too minty. But it does soothe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment