Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Trader Joe's Due Canestrelli



This is day four of New Products Week. 


I believe that this is a new Trader Joe's product. I saw it for the first time at the check-out aisle about three weeks ago--not the "new items" shelf. But searching for comments about it, I found nothing prior to November/December 2015.

These cookies remind me of the sugar wafers I used to love as a kid. However, the wafer part is thinner and much less grossly sweetened, while the chocolate part is richer.

Overall they didn't do much for me. Perfectly acceptable, but nothing outstanding.


Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

Texture: good.

Flavor: mixed. The chocolate is not too sweet, which I like. But it also tasted stale, and had a bit of "bloom," which suggested it had not been stored properly or was past its prime.

I did not care enough for these to have any interest in trying them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment