Friday, January 1, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Corn Chip Dippers



Happy New Year! Let's start it off right, with what has rapidly become a staple for me. 


This one is easy: These are Fritos Scoops, but better. They have a more pronounced corn flavor. They just taste more natural, less processed. I also like the fact that the list of ingredients has just three items: corn, oil, and salt. What more do you need?

I hereby renounce my lifelong allegiance to Fritos corn chips; it's Trader Joe's from now on.

In fact, these remind me of the reason I added the organic kettle-cooked potato chips to my Top Ten list: because they're a simple, common product executed perfectly. The same is true of these, and I will similarly reward them.


Will I buy it again? 

Assuredly.


Addendum 

I wrote the above a few months ago, and I'm sure I've gone through a dozen or so bags of these chips since then. It is now a product that you would find in my home any time you cared to make a surprise inspection. It's the main vehicle with which I'm tasting my way through the Trader Joe's salsa collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment