Saturday, January 16, 2016

Trader Joe's Raspberry Sorbet



I'm writing this as the last remnants of my first serving of this sorbet are slowly fading from my taste buds--and already I want more.

It's soft and delicious. It has a little tang to it, perhaps from the added citric acid. After two scoops, I noticed just a little bit of a bitter aftertaste, the origin of which is a mystery to me, but it's nowhere near enough to put me off of the product as a whole. The main ingredient is raspberry puree, and you can tell it. There's nothing phony or trumped up here.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. It's a hair shy of being in the stratospheric goodness that would land it on my Top Ten list, but I definitely want this to be a regular thing in my life. At $2.99 for 16 ounces, it's a bargain in addition to being a delight.

4 comments:

  1. I love this sorbet! It's very smooth and almost creamy whereas some other sorbets can have an icy texture. Very bright raspberry flavor. On par with Ciao Bella's version just a larger size and cheaper price!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still miss that blueberry pomegranate stuff. Is this as good? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing will ever be as good. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can look at my blog and see prices, and nutritional facts of sorbet at different grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete