Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Trader Joe's Sugar Snap Peas



I've never purchased sugar snap peas before, so I have almost no mental database against which to compare these. Without looking it up, I'm not even sure I can articulate how they differ from snow peas. But that said, I liked them. Tasty and easy to prepare. They are good alone or added to Trader Joe's Vegetable Medley for a little extra variety.


Will I buy it again? 

Sure.


Nina's View

I was skeptical about the freshness, youngness, tenderness, and stringiness of this product. I'm happy to say I was wrong on all counts. These were toothsome and properly sweet. They steamed up quickly and very nicely.

I don't tend to seek out sugar snap peas, but these may have changed my mind on the topic. They were lovely.

(To my mind, they are nothing like snow peas. Snow peas are thin and flat and have their own distinctive flavor, which is not as sweet.)

3 comments:

  1. We use these in our salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these raw with a little salt and lemon pepper for a snack or as a hummus scooper. TJs recently added organic snap peas, 10oz for $3.99 vs the not organic 12oz for $3.49.
    More crunch and heft than snow peas which are flatter and not so delicious raw.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. As hummus dipper! Yes. That's the other way we eat these.

    ReplyDelete