Thursday, June 16, 2016

Trader Joe's Mango Chia Pudding With Cultured Coconut Cream




This is Day 19 of an apparently never-ending New Products Week, and Day 10 of Mangopalooza. 


No two ways about it, buying this was a mistake. And I knew it.

I was looking for the Mango Coconut Pudding, but its marked spot on the shelf was empty. This was next to it. So on an impulse, I decided to try it, though even as I put it into my basket I was thinking, "There's no chance I'll like this." I almost never buy products to try and review if it's virtually impossible that I'll like them--because what's the point? I'll be unhappy, and you won't get a fair-minded review. I broke that rule here, and I'm sorry.

It wasn't quite as bad as I expected, but three small spoonfuls was all I could stand. There is definitely a mango flavor, but I couldn't taste any coconut, despite the presence of coconut chips.

What I couldn't get past was the texture. It's slimy as all get-out. Really gross. And it looks just as bad--like some sort of semi-gelatinous green swamp water teeming with frog eggs.

Despite the unfairness of condemning a product that never had a fair shot at winning me over, this was bad enough to go in my Bottom Ten list.


Will I buy it again? 

[stares blankly at the person asking the stupid question]


Nina's View


Plain awful in every possible way. The texture is congealed snot. Seriously horrible. Pass me the spit bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment