Sunday, October 16, 2016

Trader Joe's Cold Pressed Juice--Pumpkin Harvest


We continue with New Products Week, even though the week is over, because there are more new things to report on. 


Pumpkin juice? PUMPKIN JUICE? Are you freaking kidding me? That doesn't sound good. But I've been pleasantly surprised by some of Trader Joe's offbeat product ideas in the past, so I picked it up.

I wish I hadn't. It's vile. It tastes almost medicinal. Or maybe that's just some rationalizing part of my brain at work, with the message that if it tastes this bad, it must be good for you. It's got pumpkin juice, carrot juice, celery juice, sweet potato juice, orange juice, ginger juice, and turmeric, so it certainly seems like it ought to cure whatever ails you. But it brings to my mind Jim Gaffigan's comment about kale: "They could find out kale cures cancer, and I would still be like, 'I'll just do the chemo.'"


Will I buy it again? 

Negatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment