Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Trader Joe's Kale & Cauliflower Curry Salad



For once, I forgot to take a photo of this product when I brought it home, so I swiped the above from Trader Joe's web site, here.

This stuff is not good. The cauliflower is OK, but the kale is tough and bitter. (I think I'm just going to have to accept that any kale in my life will have to be the "baby" variety; I have not been able to get into the regular variety, despite many attempts.) There are way too many wheat berries, which don't add much except for a little chewiness. There are a few golden raisins, for a nice touch of sweetness. The "curry" is pretty un-curry-like. I don't know what's going on with it, but it didn't taste like real curry to me. I couldn't work up the interest to explore the ingredients list to figure out what it was.

The whole thing just didn't work. I suppose I ate about 3/4 of my half of it; Nina ate less than 1/4 of hers.

For an opposing point of view, see this review from the "Eat at Joe's" blog, the author of which absolutely loved it.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE tell us you're not withholding some delightful discovery while you tell us about this obvious DRECK! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, I actually freaking love kale. BUT!! Kale must be massaged with some dressing or oil and salt so it can soften to have it raw as a salad, so yeah this was a total fail. The so called curry was also an odd flavor that wasn't like any curry i have had
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete