Sunday, October 30, 2016

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar--Caramel With Black Sea Salt



A similar product, Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar--Coconut Caramel, was so good it made my Top Ten list.  So I had high hopes for this variant.

It's good, but not nearly as good as the other. I've said several times that I'm not a fan of adding salt to chocolate, but it may be growing on me. It did add considerable flavor interest here over what the chocolate and caramel would have had by themselves.

Like the others in this line, however, it suffers from being messy. The bar simply won't break cleanly along the pre-cut lines designated for that purpose. Because of that, breaking off a piece inevitably breaks open one of the chambers containing the caramel, which then oozes out. This should be a simple engineering fix.


Will I buy it again? 

No. Not because it's bad, but because if it's sitting next to the version with coconut, I would always pick that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment