Monday, August 14, 2017

Trader Joe's Just Coconut Chunks


As you'd expect, the contents of this bag are just chunks of raw coconut, cut away from the shell, but otherwise unprocessed. No added sugar, preservatives, etc. You just pour out what you'll want to use, let the chunks thaw, and eat them--or add them to a fruit salad, or whatever.

The chunks are quite uniform, about an inch square, and maybe a third of an inch thick. I think they're excellent for just munching on, but not everybody shares my affection for unadulterated coconut.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. The main factor limiting my snacking on coconut is the work involved in cracking open the shell and separating the meat from it. This completely eliminates that barrier, and makes eating plain, raw, delicious pieces of coconut easier than I've ever known it could be.

2 comments:

  1. I just tried these too! Very tasty as is with a tiny sprinkle of salt (seriously), and was a nice addition to my morning smoothie - the coconut flavor was a great combo with some pineapple, cilantro and cucumber (also pinch of salt). Will definitely be a repeat purchase!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried using these in a lentil soup? I was thinking of trying that.

    ReplyDelete