Thursday, August 10, 2017

Trader Joe's Manchego Anejo Cheese




I've previously tried and liked Trader Joe's Spanish Manchego cheese. This is not quite the same. It's Manchego Anejo--i.e., aged.

Perhaps I would be able to tell some difference between them if I tasted them side by side, but this one exactly matches my memory of the regular Manchego. It's just as tasty and interesting as the one I had before.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. It's a favorite. I might buy another chunk of both of them just so I can try them together and see if I can detect what difference the extra aging makes.

2 comments:

  1. Why did TJs omit the tilde over the "n" in aƱejo? That is a rather careless mistake.
    It says aged a min of twelve months so yes it is aged but not enough that there will be a significant difference in flavor. Probably just a slightly drier texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be a surprisingly insipid cheese. Given the high price point, I don't see the appeal. I will take the Goat's Milk Gouda ($10/pound), probably my favorite Trader Joe's cheese if I had to pick, over this any day.

    ReplyDelete