Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Trader Joe's Flour Tortillas With Whole Wheat



I didn't actually purchase an empty bag, as it might appear. But I did manage to forget to take a picture of this product, and realized it only when it was time to write this review, after I had eaten all of the tortillas.

These are large tortillas, nearly the size of dinner plates. They're the same size as the Handmade Flour Tortillas, the Habanero Lime Flour Tortillas, and the Handmade 100% Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas. The first of that trio is not only a Top Ten list member, but one of my staples; you will rarely find me without a package in my refrigerator, because I eat an average of about three of them a week.

In fact, I was trying to buy another bag of the same when I was foiled by the store being temporarily out of them. So I picked this one instead.

They work fine as the base for my tostadas--probably the single most common main dish I make for myself. But I prefer white flour to wheat flour tortillas, and they lack the thickness, excellent texture, and charmingly unique shapes of the handmade varieties.


Will I buy it again? 

Only in a pinch, when my favorites aren't available.

No comments:

Post a Comment