Thursday, October 5, 2017

Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Tart



This is a new seasonal (I assume) item, and it's well worth a try.

Because they looked fully baked, I just took the first one out of the box and shared it with Nina at room temperature. I liked it a lot--nice mix of flavors, sweet and tart. There's a generous amount of filling, and it's even tucked in under the folded pastry edges. Nina liked the filling, but thought the crust was "gummy." She suggested trying the next one heated.

I did, and in the process discovered what I should have seen from the beginning: directions on the back of the box saying to give the things 15-20 minutes in the oven. That seemed like a lot, but I did it, and the result was a definite improvement. Not only was the hot tart nicer to eat than the cold one, but the baking seems to have finished off the crust, making it firmer and flakier.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. I've had a couple of similar products from Trader Joe's before, but this is the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment