Friday, October 6, 2017

Trader Joe's Pumpkin & Roasted Pepitas Cookies


My first impression was that these looked and tasted like molasses cookies--but the label tells me that there's no molasses in them. I guess it was the brown sugar and spice combination that suggested that. Anyway, if you imagine crispy molasses cookies with pumpkin seeds, that's basically what you've got here.

I can't get enthusiastic about them. For one thing, the name is deceptive; there's no pumpkin in addition to the pumpkin seeds (pepitas). I can only assume that they mean "pumpkin spice," meaning that combination of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and allspice that pops up everywhere this time of year.

For another, they're too brittle. Most of the bag was small broken pieces, with just a handful of intact cookies.

And I guess I'm just not convinced that pumpkin seeds are a worthwhile addition to any cookies.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. these were okay but i wanted many more pepitttaaasssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete