Thursday, October 26, 2017

Trader Joe's Sweetened Dried Lemon Slices


Until I saw this on the new-products shelf, I had no idea that dried lemon slices were a thing. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me, though; why wouldn't they give basically the same treatment to lemons that they did to Mandarin oranges?

You're supposed to eat them rind and all--so I did. It's an interesting experience, but not especially in a good way. It's startling how sweet they've made them. The "interesting" part of tasting them is the contrast between what your life experience tells you to expect when biting into a lemon, and what you get here.

I thought they were way too sweet to enjoy. Nina, conversely, liked them a lot. (Long-time readers will note that this is a reversal of our traditional positions with respect to sweetness.) But we both agreed that it would be a much better product if TJ's cut back the added sugar by about half.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I totally love them! Sweet and tart at the same time. I treat myself to one a day. A great reward for avoiding sugar and fat all day!

    ReplyDelete