Friday, October 27, 2017

Trader Joe's Premium Peanut Butter Roundels


It took me a while of munching on these to figure out what the center filling reminded me of, but when it hit, it seemed perfectly obvious: It's just like unbaked peanut-butter cookie dough, in appearance, taste, and texture.

The outside is a mix of dark and milk chocolate. Half of the "roundels" have a dark chocolate base with milk chocolate drizzled on top; the other half switch that around. The difference in overall taste between the two varieties is just what you'd expect.

I'm not sure whether to classify these as cookies or candy. The center being like cookie dough suggests "cookie," but there's no baking involved, so maybe they're more on the "candy" side. I attached both labels to this blog post to cover my bases.

As with many chocolate products coming out in the last three months of the year at Trader Joe's, I don't know if these are intended to be seasonal or permanent (or at least as "permanent" as anything at TJ's ever is).


Will I buy it again? 

No. I enjoyed them, but not enough for a revisit.

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a peanut butter mini-trend right now - did you review the granola? They have a new PB powder, too, I think. I saw these as a part of that.
    I enjoyed one box, but not sure I’ll but again, especially for how quickly I mindlessly munched through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually passed these by because i suspected they were like a big flat reese's cup more than an actual cookie.. sounds too intense for me, i indulge in the TJs dark choco peanut butter cups when the craving hits.
    Ttrockwood
    PS
    I hope previous commenter is correct! I love pb a lot more than pumpkin spice or mango. We need peanut butter joe joe's!

    ReplyDelete