Monday, October 23, 2017

Trader Joe's Spud Crunchies Potato Snacks



The comparison to French fries is so inevitable that it's right there on the front of the package: "A chip crunch in a fun fry shape." Imagine the texture and taste of the crispiest McDonald's fries--the little brown ones in the bottom of the bag--with the shape and color of the standard fries. Now imagine that served at room temperature. That's what you've got here.

I expected that I would not much care for these, because cold French fries are not a thing that brings me pleasure. But they somehow manage to transcend being just cold fries. I think the unexpectedly crunchy texture compensates in some weird way for them not being hot. (I suppose one could add a little microwave heat, but that didn't occur to me until the bag was empty.)


Will I buy it again? 

Yes--in fact, I bought two more bags on my last TJ's run. I liked them a lot more than I thought I would. But they need to come in a much bigger bag. There's just not enough here. Think potato-chip size bag, Trader Joe's.


1 comment:

  1. i found these unremarkable in every way but hey you do you, man (or woman)

    ReplyDelete