Monday, October 16, 2017

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Protein Granola


This is one of the many, many items that I have purchased solely because they show up on the new-product shelf at Trader Joe's, and writing this blog means trying virtually anything there (except for things I know I'll hate, which I don't bother with).

It turned out to be one of those occasional pleasant surprises--a thing I like without having expected to. It's a great mix of crunchy and chewy, sweet and salty. I'm not a granola guy, so I haven't tried more than a few varieties in my life, but this is easily the best I've ever had.

My only complaint is that, while the clusters are easy to pick up and pop in your mouth, probably a third of the bag was just crumbs. There's no easy way to eat those.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. On the days that Nina comes over to my place for dinner, I typically don't eat breakfast or lunch, but I need a little sumpin' to tide me over, and this is pretty much an ideal filler. I think it's going to be a snack I'll always keep on hand.


Addendum, October 31, 2017 

I have eaten two more bags of this, and now have three more in my cupboard. It has quickly become one of my all-time favorite snacks. I'm elevating it to Top Ten status.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this! And was thrilled to see it's dairy free and high protein. Great as something crunchy ontop of my oatmeal, snacking on as is, or on yogurt. The crumblies in the bottom happen to about any granola.
    (Avoid that pumpkin spice granola! It's got an overwhelming amount of pumpkin spice that lingers long after you eat it)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete