Monday, April 23, 2018

Trader Joe's Creamy Danish Havarti Cheese




This is, I think, only my second time tasting Havarti cheese, at least by itself. The first was this.

Its texture is OK, but really too soft and rubbery for my taste. The flavor is just too mild for me to really enjoy. Based on my two samples, I'd say this is a characteristic of Havarti cheese generally, not something peculiar to be faulted in this particular product. And I'm sure that what I see as a fault, others will see as a virtue. YMMV.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. For Havarti lovers, this is a great Havarti. Wonderfully creamy and soft with that classic Havarti bite or tang. I did not find it rubbery. My 89 year old Dad tried it and kept asking for pieces to eat with his wine. This cheese pairs very well with any red, particularly Pinot Noir.

    ReplyDelete