Thursday, April 5, 2018

Trader Joe's Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce


I've never swallowed any bourbon, but now I have a pretty good idea of what it tastes like. This sauce is loaded with an unfamiliar (to me) flavor that just has to be the bourbon. It's a burned, slightly bitter flavor--and I don't like it at all. I've tried it three times now, and though my dislike on the third tasting wasn't as intense as on the first, it's still a net negative. On all three occasions, I was comparing it directly with Trader Joe's Carolina Gold, with half of the plate using each, and I strongly preferred the latter each time, with every forkful.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I don't want to eat any more of it, so it's going back to the store for a refund.

3 comments:

  1. Oh jeesh.

    This is actually my FAVORITE bar bq sauce, specifically because it.isnt to sweet, but also not overly spicy. A bit smoky. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is our favorite BBQ sauce, unfortunately Trader Joe's has discontinued it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very favorite!! Please bring it back!! We've tried them all, this is is our all time favorite!!

    ReplyDelete