Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream



I've still never bought Trader Joe's cookie butter, in any of its many varieties. The reason is simple: I'm pretty sure I would love it, and one jar after another would vanish from my cupboard, only to reappear on my abdomen.

This ice cream confirms my impression. The substrate is just your everyday vanilla ice cream. But swirled throughout is delicious cookie butter. I quickly found myself enjoying each bite in direct proportion to how much cookie butter any particular spoonful contained.


Will I buy it again? 

No. The only thing I liked about it was the stuff swirled in. The only thing worse than sitting down and eating a jar of cookie butter is eating a quart of mediocre ice cream to get at the swirls of cookie butter it contains.

1 comment:

  1. I was really surprised that i’m just not that into the cookie butter. I love Biscoff, i love TJs specaloos cookies (their version of biscoff) and somehow the cookie butter is weird and pasty as is- i kept choosing a spoon of nut butter over the cookie butter. It’s much better combined with something, i liked it best on plain yogurt but i’m sure it’s even better like this on ice cream.
    There was a cookie butter cheesecake at some point, maybe they still have it? And i’m sure that’s amazing - if one day i decide to just deal with the dairy overdose consequences that’s on my short list.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete