Monday, April 30, 2018

Trader Joe's Serrano Salsa Fresca



This is pretty heavy on the onions, which is usually a dealbreaker for me. But surprisingly, this time that wasn't what made me reject it--it was the cilantro. It's so loaded with the stuff that I think they ought to just call it "Cilantro Salsa" as a warning to all those who, like me, find it unpleasant.

I also thought it was mislabeled in terms of the heat quotient. The TJ's chili thermometer is shown at the halfway point, but I thought this warranted more than that--like maybe 3/4 of the way up.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I had maybe 10 corn chips' worth, and couldn't take any more. I gave the rest to Nina; she thought it was pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it’s so spicy, i love cilantro!! That refridgerated cilantro dressing is a regular purchase for me- you would certainly hate it ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete